Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Creativity in full blossom

BREAST DIARY NOV 11

Wow, did I get some great creative ideas last night. I looked up on the internet to see if any one had done tattoos on their chests after the surgery. There are some, but not what I had in mind. As an artist, I am picturing all kinds of abstract vines and flowers or whatever on my chest going over my shoulder (one shoulder only would look good, and the down toward my waist on the other side. I am excited about having a beautiful chest for once in my life. I am not planning on getting new breasts, but using my chest as a canvas. What a concept??? I would of course wait for however long the doctor thinks would be best.

Another idea is before surgery, to write a note on my breasts so that when I am brought into surgery, the whole gang with my doctors will see “Hi Dr Bradshaw…say goodbye to the girls for me”. I would like to say “now don’t mess up!” but he is such a sweetheart that I know he won’t “mess up”.

It is now nearing 9:00pm, and I have been on the phone with friends telling them of my ideas. I bought some kids paint stuff today, some glitter too, and asked friends if they would be willing to paint on my chest before the “girls” are removed, and it is a trip to observe friends reactions. My own daughter, who thinks I am “out there” and is very different than me, would probably think I am just being “weird” as usual!. Too bad she cannot appreciate the amazing woman I am that can go through this with a sense of humor and creativity. I had a great day today, thinking about what I will do with my latest “art medium” I have come up with. I have always loved trying a new medium in painting or art, and I feel like I have an original idea at last!

No comments: