Thursday, November 20, 2008

MRI Scan


Yesterday I had a complete body scan. I didn't know what I was in for, but it was more difficult than I had thought. The first part is okay where they inject into your vein some kind of radiated stuff that goes in and leaves a trace for the MRI to see. They have you rest for an hour while it goes through you, and then you are put onto a platform, which seemed okay, but I had to put my arms behind my head and "not move them". Well, after having had the biopsy in my right breast 5 years ago, I guess I hadn't stretched those muscles enough, plus the infection is still there.....well within 5 minutes my arms were in such pain I had thoughts of those people who are tortured by being hung by there arms...I had to just put up with it, but I thought I was going to scream. When I realized that it was over because the table was moving me out of the machine, I tried to move my arms and they were numb...numb and in pain. It took about an hour before they felt decent. I hadn't eaten all day, either because that was part of the procedure, and I didn't know if I could even drive home after that. I stopped at a Taco Bell, muffed down some crappy thing and felt sick. I got home and went right to bed.


I had seen the doctor that morning, and he said the infection was getting better, and the oozing puss coming out was good. He gave me a shopping bag full of gauze and tape. He now says the surgery will be after thanksgiving. I have felt very tired and not been able to go to my studio and paint...it is just enough to get through the day and keep my house clean. Of course, I have the issue of the Lyme and chronic fatigue, and I'm amazed I am even doing that!


I am not really feeling any drama around having the surgery. The doctor says that the recovery isn't any worse than the breast reduction I had, and probably easier because there won't be any scare tissue or anything to have pain except for the lymph area and the cuts. So it sounds better than when you see the pictures of the surgery on the internet. What I mean is it looks worse than in feels....but we will see, won't we?


I hope this blog helps others go through this. I know that because of my age, losing my breasts isn't as difficult as if I were young. But sometimes we get into the "drama" of the idea of it, more than in actuality. It is great that we now have a president who's motto is and was "NO DRAMA OBAMA".
Just thought I would add a new picture of me visiting my son in prison last weekend. I am the redhead, and the other woman is my sons "stepmother" who was my married to my husband after he and I divorced. She and I live near each other. It was such a good visit because she was depressed and actually has Lymes disease like I do, and hadn't seen John for a couple of years. We both agreed that he is a "healer". It isn't just us who know that, but anyone who is in his presence. The men inside are lucky to have him there for them, but I want him out here for me and for the rest of the world where he could be healing so many young people with his story of how he got in there and how "therefor but for the grace of God" it could happen to any one of us.
People think that "those in prison" are not like them and are just "bad seeds". But it isn't true. any one of us could end up with a loved one in prison or be there ourselves, just by fate. We should all want civil rights for the incarcerated and not just deal with prison issues because it isn't about us. I will right more on this issue, as it is very important to me to tell the world and educate the people about this. We are all "victims". It isn't only the "victims" of crime who are affected. If we could see that "they are us"and try to understand what is behind people committing crimes, the world would be a compassionate and much better place to live. If one thinks that they are safer because "the bad guys are behind bars"....you don't know.
Anyway, enought for today

No comments: